About Us

Overview

Carmel Higher Secondary School(17 acre and 65 cents - campus) is located at Ramanputhur,the heart of Nagercoil City.Carmel Higher Secondary School is a proud producer of 35000+ Alumni and 2000+ current students.Carmel school is currently managed by Jesuits from Madurai Province with the help of around 100 Teaching and Non Teaching staff members.

Motto

Ever higher, to life through light

Current Administration

Correspondent

 

WilsonSJ
Rev.Fr.A.Xavier Raj,S.J.

Superior&Correspondent

Rev.Fr.A Wilson S.J

Headmaster

Headmaster

 

Correspondent

 

Rev.Fr.Maria Singarayar

Alumni Association Director

Rev.Fr.L.V. Kumar

Treasurer

History

InauguralCarmel Hr Sec School was established by Rev. Dr. Aloysius Bensiger, Bishop of Quilon in 1922 as a Middle School. It has developed into a full fledged Educational Institution, When Kottar Diocese was formed, its first Bishop Rev. Dr. Lawrence Pereira upgraded the school into High school in 1936. AS per the orders of the Director of school education No.19521/z/1117 dated 04-12-1934, the school was granted permanent recognition.The school was under the care of Brothers of Charity from 1936. Then from 1947 the Selesian led the school. Later from 1950 the school came under the direct supervision of the Kottar Diocese. From June 1959 the school was managed by Madurai Jesuit priests. In 1978 the school was upgrated to Higher Secondary. Again from June 1986 to June 1994 the Salesians were incharge of the school. And the Jesuits have been managing the school since July 1994.

 

Carmel HistoryToday there is a statue of Jesus Christ in the entrance of the school, where the inauguration of the school was held. There was once a building, demolished to construct Machado Lab in 2000, situated in front of today’s canteen. It was the first ever building of Carmel Higher Secondary School, Nagercoil.

 

SchoolPoor students are assisted by the waiving of school fees, a morning meal scheme, and works of charity in collaboration with the Carmel Alumni Association.